Promoting the Direct Engagement of Refugees and Host Communities by Implementing Innovative Networking Approach in the Field of Sport (SportINclusive)
Program: Call 2018 Round 1 SFR – Pilot Project SFR – Sport as a tool for integration and social inclusion of refugees of EAC/S16/2018
Coordinator: Mobile Adventure Spółka Z Ograniczoną Odpowiedzialnością (Poland)
Project Number: EAC/S16/2018
Main project aims
With SportINclusive project it is aimed to contribute to the development of innovative services and methods for promoting the direct engagement of refugee and host communities (local population) in sports by activating the expertise and potential of local sports organizations. In this context, our goals are;
• To ensure that local sport stakeholders are aware of the situation of refugees and play a role in facilitating integration;
• To develop a digital networking platform where refugees will have information about local sport resources and interact with local people;
• To organize sport events through the digital networking platform for refugees and encourage the participation of young and women refugees.
Main project outcomes
A mobile application-gamification-based platform were developed. It allows refugees and the local population to engage in an enjoyable and motivational interaction to close the gap between both groups. It is published in Google Play and Apple Store.
Other Project Activities:
• 35 young refugees participated ski courses
• Mixed sports courses (yoga-pilates) organized for refugee women
• For men refugees and local people; 10 weeks of volleyball match tournament organized
• Sport festival held for integration. There were basketball free throw contests, football penalty kick contests, adventure activities, ball passing with badminton, archery, team-building events for families.
• A daily treking organized for refugees and local families to explore Poland nature together, without competition.
• Famous PGE Narodowy (National Stadium) was visited with youngs to learn more about sport facilities.
• Data gathered about sport facilities, clubs, events and trainers in Warsaw.
• Seminars and workshops held for sport clubs, local people and refugees to incease the awareness of integration